The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 07:11

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please note: Discussion here should be relatively civil. Attack the post, not the poster. Thanks!

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 12:34 
Grand High Lord Admiral of Hell

So, You‘re a Witch. Do You Worship Satan?

Author: Lady Abigail

WITCHVOX - I have to admit that this subject is one that is sensitive at best. Most of us accept that not everyone is going to agree on the subject of a devil or a deity called Satan. Yet, I find that most within our community of Witches and Pagans have to deal with the discussion of a devil at some point. Very often we must try to explain that ‘NO’ we do not worship this deity since we do not believe him to be real.

"So, you‘re a Witch. Do you worship Satan?"

I cannot tell you how many times I have been asked that question. It does not seem to matter what tradition you may happen to work with; Eclectic, Druid, Celtic, Wiccan, and so forth, you have most likely been asked this question yourself. Somehow, if you do not believe in the Christian male god of everything, you must believe in and therefore worship Satan. Occasionally, the name may be different, according to whom they see as this entity of evil. (Devil, Satan, Beelzebub and Lucifer being only a few on a long list of names.) Yet, the question is continuously asked.

Most of us have tried to respectfully explain to people that we don't believe in a devil or a hell. This often gets a few strange looks, or a question of what we do believe in.
I believe that some of the people who ask this question, "Do you worship Satan?" don't really care what the answer is. They are those people who believe they already have all the answers and most of them what to tell me what that answer is.

So I have decided that rather than try to explain to them that my beliefs do not consider Satan as valid, I simply say, "No, I don’t worship any of the Christian/Judaeo Gods, good or evil."

That always brings an immediate response. "What do you mean, Christian/Judaeo Gods?"

I reply that Satan, by whatever name he may be called, is their God of Evil, not mine. I have to say, I have received more than a few puzzled looks, not to mention, shock, frustration, and some extremely nasty words. The idea that Satan is their god of evil enrages many within the some of the mainstream faiths. (I am not judging all those within these faiths. I have friends and family whom are both of the Christian and Judaeo faith.)

But, the truth is, Satan is considered by many as evil personified. He is the enemy of their one God. There are a few additional faiths that believe in a concept of an evil godlike being, although it has been my experience, that none of those give him such absolute power and reverence as those of the mainstream religions. Numerous followers of the Bible consider Satan to be not only real, but also created by God to be ruler of Hell. Satan, the God of Hell, was put in this position of authority over all the horrors that occur in human life, via the God of Heaven. Satan is distinguished in this arrangement as the God of Evil. He is seen as a very real and valid part of these mainstream religions.

Entire essay on So, You‘re a Witch. Do You Worship Satan?]WitchVox.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 13:36 
First Circle Initiate

Perhaps a witty rejoinder along the lines of "No, I don't worship Satan, but he and Ahriman sure throw a hell of a party" would be too much for those poor people.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009, 04:06 
Postess

I used to work in an occult store & would sometimes get asked that by curious people who wandered in. Another question was "do you sacrifice animals?" :confused2:

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 06:09 
Acolyte

"Do you worship Satan?"

"No, but when I was on AlTell he was in my Five. Bitch wouldn't switch to AT&T, though. Anyone who'd lose a friend over cellular service wasn't worth knowing, anyway."

"Have you called on Jesus?"

"...that bitch wouldn't switch to AT&T either. Something about not getting reception where he lives. Funny, I get reception out there. I think he just didn't want to talk anymore. That's really what it comes down to; I've got free mobile-to-mobile with the Celtic gods."

I've had that conversation. :D

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 06:15 
Postess

"Have you talked to Jesus lately?"

Dude won't return my messages.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2009, 22:49 
Neighbor of the Beast

"Have you talked to Jesus lately?"

:banghead:

Nope the bastard's dead. The Romans did for him. And when I say bastard, I only mean that he was a true bastard since his mother was NOT married to his father. So stick that in your hash pipe and smoke it...

"But he came back to life. A miracle!"

Don't get me started...

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 07:17 
Neophyte

Seaside bags usually are nice components that aren't only for the beach. At this point, these are generally all-season bags that you could take along with you wherever you go. It doesn't matter what you actually have on, so long as you want a trustworthy bag to handle ones points.These days and nights, you could find many people transporting beachfront bags outside the seashore. Hermes Kelly Certainly, it is essentially the most trustworthy bags since they are typically gentle little.In acquiring seashore bags, always take note of the top quality. Certainly, this is just what we do everytime we all obtain new things. Simply by realizing the high quality, you can out your materials. Rise your own base if the bag might last lengthy.What you will be searching for in the beach bag is usually a content that could be very easily cleaned out as well as impermeable in order to water. Understand that you might be probably going to grow it to the beachfront. Therefore, you will need something to defend the factors.You can find a lot of resources to select from throughout beach bags. It is possible to usually find canvas, wickerwork, 100 % cotton, PVC coated cotton, plastic, plus much more.You will not really have a problem with acquiring good types as these bags usually come in many different attractive designs. In truth, you may also build your very own custom made bags. There are many internet marketers that include this service for a small charge.Apart from older people, young children, also, are in possession of seaside bags. The truth is, you will discover beachfront models for kids which commonly include things like beach bag, towel, and even glasses.If you might be one of the people that wish to be in the beach, nicely, you could find of which coated bags a great alternative to suit your needs. Your lunch and dinner will really be placed warm as well as freezing with one of these awesome very little equipment.Buying seaside bags have become straightforward. It's also possible to acquire a number of these since they will be thus cost effective. If you'd like coordinating seaside gears, you may purchase them in packages. These are rich in seashore merchants close to you.