The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 16:59

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please note: Discussion here should be relatively civil. Attack the post, not the poster. Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008, 10:28 
Postess

kewl, it'll give him a reason to get drunk :beer2:

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008, 15:23 
Grand High Lord Admiral of Hell

Tao of Pooh wrote:
Hey Hex, is that offer of a reading srill good? jess may've told you already...I got fired from my job. So, how does moving to a new state look?

Okay ... I'll see if I can get something together. :working:

And my condolences on the loss ... :farhug: ... though the situation -does- sound a tad odd from what jess was saying ... :umm:

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008, 15:38 
Postess

Hex wrote:
Tao of Pooh wrote:
Hey Hex, is that offer of a reading srill good? jess may've told you already...I got fired from my job. So, how does moving to a new state look?

Okay ... I'll see if I can get something together. :working:

And my condolences on the loss ... :farhug: ... though the situation -does- sound a tad odd from what jess was saying ... :umm:

Thank you, I look forward to it :) And "odd" don't even begin to cover it.

You know what my one weird consolation in this is? Nearly every company I have ever worked for has gone belly-up or been bought out within 12-18 months after I left. Maybe history will repeat itself? Looking over my resume only one of those places is still in business.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008, 02:35 

Pooh, I've got a reading on the way for you ...

I'll get my interpretation to you tomorrow. It's just a bit late now ...

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008, 07:10 
First Circle Initiate

Hex, do a reading for me :)

Post subject: Re: Pooh's Reading ....
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009, 22:36 

Okay ... Pooh, this is what I got ...

Long Story Short: Wake up and do something now, your life is wasting/slipping through your fingers!

Long Story Long:

There were six runes that were 'in play' on the field. Three of them form a nice chain, and we'll start with that. In the 'here and now' of Midhgardhr, the chain starts with Wunjo (Joy) in it's reversed form, indicating a condition of strife with or holding back of you by your local surroundings/people around you that you may not really be suited to or interacting with. This leads directly (the runes were touching here, so a pretty strong link) to Elhaz (Protection/Defense), indicating that you're doing a good job at working to keep yourself safe against some of the these factors. These may be internal (psychological) defenses or (artificial or constructed) means by which you avoid interacting with the issues of your surroundings. And, in this, it looks like something is going to become clear to you, or maybe make more sense. Elhaz has an aspect of 'awakening', usually in terms of spirituality, but the location of the rune in Midhgardhr might serve to make this a sort of physically-oriented realization. At any rate, Elhaz continues the chain by having a direct interaction with Pertho (Lot-Cup) which rests in Ásgardh. This realm is important for trans-personal influences, or aspects that play into better understanding the question at hand, though a small part of the rune falls in the Jötunheimr, the realm of chance or crisis. Here, though, Pertho is in it's reversed position, where, rather than indicating the potential good fortune, it indicates that things are slipping through your fingers in terms of your wealth, your friendships, your loves and desires, or because of the positioning of the realms, it may indicate that something spiritual is being squandered or lost.

Outside of this chain, the rune next-closest to the center is Berkano (Birch Goddess/Birch Numen) which falls nearly half in both Ásgardh and Niflheimr, and in this way can indicate influances that are not only trans-personal but also restrictive or places where energy is not being directed, and hence toward dormancy. Berkano here presents itself in it's reversed form giving the influences of stagnation, loss of focus, or the drying up of creative juices. Berkano's influences in this way are not directly playing a part in the chain, but influencing the situation, nonetheless.

Ehwaz (Horse), the next rune, rests in the realm of Muspellsheimer, the realm of vital influences, or things tending toward activity, but Ehwaz is in it's reversed position, giving a view of misspent power. Disharmony, feeling like someone else's beast of burden or mistrust are all thing that may be influencing your situation as well. Since this is an active realm, these may be some of the things that drive the actions that are keeping you in the situation, or, given Elhaz's position above, the fear of such things may be some of what you are protecting yourself from, or the means by which you protect yourself.

The last rune, Dagaz (Day/Dawn-Twilight (Paradox)), rests just half in Muspellsheimer, and half off the board. As such, it's influences should not be read as 'strong', but still having an active part in the whole. Dagaz here reinforces Elhaz's aspects of awakening and realization, giving a similar message, but here there is some activity/active influence/outside influence that tends toward completeness or an 'ideal' situation.

Overall, there are some 'themes' that seem to repeat, but nothing that's pushing to crisis. In fact, some of the 'stagnation' might be seen simply as 'stasis'. But, in looking at the whole picture here, it looks like, even as things just 'continue' there's a lot being lost or missed out on.

To view the actual sheet, click here:
Hidden: :

Let me know how it sounds ...

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009, 22:36 

Brianna wrote:

'Kay ... Anything in particular you have as an issue/question, or do you just want a general reading?

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2009, 02:57 
Postess

Hex wrote:

Long Story Short: Wake up and do something now, your life is wasting/slipping through your fingers!

Long Story Long:

There were six runes that were 'in play' on the field. Three of them form a nice chain, and we'll start with that. In the 'here and now' of Midhgardhr, the chain starts with Wunjo (Joy) in it's reversed form, indicating a condition of strife with or holding back of you by your local surroundings/people around you that you may not really be suited to or interacting with. This leads directly (the runes were touching here, so a pretty strong link) to Elhaz (Protection/Defense), indicating that you're doing a good job at working to keep yourself safe against some of the these factors. These may be internal (psychological) defenses or (artificial or constructed) means by which you avoid interacting with the issues of your surroundings. And, in this, it looks like something is going to become clear to you, or maybe make more sense. Elhaz has an aspect of 'awakening', usually in terms of spirituality, but the location of the rune in Midhgardhr might serve to make this a sort of physically-oriented realization. At any rate, Elhaz continues the chain by having a direct interaction with Pertho (Lot-Cup) which rests in Ásgardh. This realm is important for trans-personal influences, or aspects that play into better understanding the question at hand, though a small part of the rune falls in the Jötunheimr, the realm of chance or crisis. Here, though, Pertho is in it's reversed position, where, rather than indicating the potential good fortune, it indicates that things are slipping through your fingers in terms of your wealth, your friendships, your loves and desires, or because of the positioning of the realms, it may indicate that something spiritual is being squandered or lost.

Outside of this chain, the rune next-closest to the center is Berkano (Birch Goddess/Birch Numen) which falls nearly half in both Ásgardh and Niflheimr, and in this way can indicate influances that are not only trans-personal but also restrictive or places where energy is not being directed, and hence toward dormancy. Berkano here presents itself in it's reversed form giving the influences of stagnation, loss of focus, or the drying up of creative juices. Berkano's influences in this way are not directly playing a part in the chain, but influencing the situation, nonetheless.

Ehwaz (Horse), the next rune, rests in the realm of Muspellsheimer, the realm of vital influences, or things tending toward activity, but Ehwaz is in it's reversed position, giving a view of misspent power. Disharmony, feeling like someone else's beast of burden or mistrust are all thing that may be influencing your situation as well. Since this is an active realm, these may be some of the things that drive the actions that are keeping you in the situation, or, given Elhaz's position above, the fear of such things may be some of what you are protecting yourself from, or the means by which you protect yourself.

The last rune, Dagaz (Day/Dawn-Twilight (Paradox)), rests just half in Muspellsheimer, and half off the board. As such, it's influences should not be read as 'strong', but still having an active part in the whole. Dagaz here reinforces Elhaz's aspects of awakening and realization, giving a similar message, but here there is some activity/active influence/outside influence that tends toward completeness or an 'ideal' situation.

Overall, there are some 'themes' that seem to repeat, but nothing that's pushing to crisis. In fact, some of the 'stagnation' might be seen simply as 'stasis'. But, in looking at the whole picture here, it looks like, even as things just 'continue' there's a lot being lost or missed out on.

I readed it & will read it again but I understand a lot of it. Thanks.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2009, 21:16 
First Circle Initiate

Hex wrote:
Brianna wrote:

'Kay ... Anything in particular you have as an issue/question, or do you just want a general reading?

General is ok. mostly financial/economy bothering me now

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2009, 00:06 
Postess

Tao of Pooh wrote:
Hex wrote:

Oh hell yeah!
Quote:
Long Story Long:

There were six runes that were 'in play' on the field. Three of them form a nice chain, and we'll start with that. In the 'here and now' of Midhgardhr, the chain starts with Wunjo (Joy) in it's reversed form, indicating a condition of strife with or holding back of you by your local surroundings/people around you that you may not really be suited to or interacting with. This leads directly (the runes were touching here, so a pretty strong link) to Elhaz (Protection/Defense), indicating that you're doing a good job at working to keep yourself safe against some of the these factors. These may be internal (psychological) defenses or (artificial or constructed) means by which you avoid interacting with the issues of your surroundings.
And, in this, it looks like something is going to become clear to you, or maybe make more sense. Elhaz has an aspect of 'awakening', usually in terms of spirituality, but the location of the rune in Midhgardhr might serve to make this a sort of physically-oriented realization. At any rate, Elhaz continues the chain by having a direct interaction with Pertho (Lot-Cup) which rests in Ásgardh. This realm is important for trans-personal influences, or aspects that play into better understanding the question at hand, though a small part of the rune falls in the Jötunheimr, the realm of chance or crisis. Here, though, Pertho is in it's reversed position, where, rather than indicating the potential good fortune, it indicates that things are slipping through your fingers in terms of your wealth, your friendships, your loves and desires, or because of the positioning of the realms, it may indicate that something spiritual is being squandered or lost.

Well, I have lost my job recently & feel like there's nothing here for me: no friends, no family, no purpose or reason to be here. I am avoiding facing this by immersing myself in WoW right now, instead of getting shit done...not good. I want a change of...everything but am not doing anything to bring it about except talk :( .

That's it for now.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 19:03 

Brianna wrote:
General is ok. mostly financial/economy bothering me now

Okay ... Here we go then ...

Long Story Short: You, my dear, are in a good position, with talent, but you're spinning your wheels for some reason ...

Long Story Long:

Well, I like to start with the stuff in the 'here and now', but for your reading, I'll leave that off for a minute. It seems to be more a product of some of the behind the scenes stuff rather than a powerful indicator ...

Instead, I'll start with the only interaction you have, between Eihwaz (Yew/Axis (Tree of Life/Death)) and Ingwaz (Gestation/Container/Fertility). Eihwaz rests in the realm of Ásgardh, the realm of higher influences, or transpersonal influences, and in it's upright position, it indicates that you're in a sort of stable place, due to a good grounding/foundation as well as some amount of enlightenment and sensibility combined with the endurance to see things through. A great rune in a great place. However, it interacts directly with and is impacted by Ingwaz from the realm of Niflheimr, the realm of things tending toward dormancy or things that are restricing you, and in the reversed position Ingwaz represents forces of stasis, scattering (of energies), powerlessness, or movement w/o change.

These two runes and their interactions really seem to dominate the reading, and consequently, the fact that the reversed Uruz (Drizzle/Organic Life/Power) in the realm of Midhgardhr (the here and now, manifestations in life) represents weakness, obsession, misdirected/wasted force, domination by others, or ignorance. While spinning your wheels and getting nowhere, you may be putting your energies toward things that don't actually get you anywhere, and you may not even realize what you're doing. This is even more directly tied to you and your actions by the fact that Uruz rests almost halfway in Ljóssálfheimer, which can represent that the meanings should focus somehwat on personal influences, family matters, or directions in which one should plan.

There are some other runes that are direct influences, though they do not tie into any 'chain', those being Othala (Ancestral Property/Homeland) and Kenaz (Torch/Intelligence/Vision/Controlled Energy). Othala is in the reversed position in Niflheimr, and thus indicates that you might be being hampered/held back by slavery (to someone/thing), poverty, losses, or a lack of customary order. Here, I can see a nice tie with the Uruz rune and the 'domination by others'.

Conversely, Kenaz rests in Muspellsheimer, the realm of things that vitalize you or might force you to action. Here, Kenaz represents your abilities, creativity, or perhaps even a personal transformation.

Around all of this, you have some lack of defenses (due to ignorance?), but you also have the aspects of getting/receiving something, perhaps charity (The economic aspect?), as well as some aspect of guidance that could lead to a more complete version of you (via the transformation?).

If you want to see what the reading looked like, click here:

Let me know if that makes sense ...

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 20:49 
First Circle Initiate

Leave the universe to state the obvious.

I don't know if its ignorance or just plain inability to get things to click.

In short: it just kind of confirmed what I already knew and fleshed it out a bit.

Still spinning wheels... /le sigh

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 21:42 
First Circle Initiate

Hex, I would like a general reading if you wouldn't mind. If you need a picture, I will send you one in PM.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 22:08 
First Circle Initiate

Garnet wrote:
Hex, I would like a general reading if you wouldn't mind. If you need a picture, I will send you one in PM.

I don't think he uses one but i could be wrong...

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 22:45 

But I'm open to
Brianna wrote:
Garnet wrote:

I don't think he uses one but i could be wrong...

Well ... In all honestly, I'd like to have one to concentrate on, but for the purposes of this thread, I'll decline (Unless you -really- want to send it. I never mind looking at pretty women ... :leer: ) ...

In the 'skeptical' aspect of this, I'm trying to do as cold a reading as I can here, because I'm truly interested in how well this stuff works in a more scientific context.

As I write the post though, I wonder whether or not a picture would invalidate the 'cold' reading. I'm not sure. :dontknow:

What do you guys think?

(Either way I'll do a reading for you Garnet, though it might be next-week-ish, since we're going away over the weekend ...)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next