The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 24 Jun 2017, 17:24

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please note: Discussion here should be relatively civil. Attack the post, not the poster. Thanks!

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 12:44 
Grand High Lord Admiral of Hell

How to read a Crystal Ball

Darken the room around you. Put the crystal ball on a dark surface that will not reflect any light that will distract you. Have a candle or other form of light shining into and illuminating the ball. The light source can be reflecting up inside the crystal ball stand or behind the crystal. It can also be shining from behind you into the crystal ball.

Sit comfortably with your spine straight. Keeping your spine straight enables you to channel all the energy that comes through your body when you do your readings. Ground yourself and calm your mind.

Clear the crystal before using it.
Then charge it using this method:

Hold the crystal ball and rub it with both hands. Then set it back on it's stand while still maintain your focus. Next point a single-terminated quartz crystal or a crystal wand towards the ball at a distance where you most comfortably feel the two connect. When you feel or sense the subtle connection between the crystal and the ball, begin to circle the single-terminated crystal in a clockwise direction. Maintain the connection between the crystal and the ball. Soon you will feel the
crystal ball pulsate. When you feel it pulsating strongly you can lay your
single-terminated crystal or crystal wand down and begin the next step.

Diffuse your vision.

Find a spot in the ball the interests you. Bring all your attention to that spot. Now look at it in more detail. Allow your intellectual mind to relax. Leave yourself open to any impressions. Don't have any preconceptions. Have no judgments. Remain relaxed, open and focused. Now look at that area in still more detail. As you look at this area even more closely you may find yourself tensing. If so, take a deep breath and relax as you let it out. Continue to do this until you release the tension.

Continue to gaze into the particular area, seeing more and more detail. As you look at this minute detail the crystal ball seems to become larger. The more you lose your sense of yourself and are only conscious of the detail in the crystal space, the larger the ball seems to become. As you are looking, feel yourself opening as if you have no edges or boundaries. Allow yourself to lose your awareness of yourself and just be aware of the crystal ball.

Your eyes may or may not close at this point. If they feel like closing, let them close and continue to feel as if the crystal is around you. If your eyes remain open, still feel as if your inside the crystal. Whether your eyes are open or closed a point is reached where there is no difference between you and the crystal. There is only crystal and just what you are seeing. You are now in an altered state of consciousness or trance state.

(Want to know more? Look to Pagan Magick ...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 12:50 
Grand Poobah

I note, 'get stoned' isn't on the list...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2008, 06:03 
Postess

jess wrote:

Because that's a given :wink:

Today's subliminal thought is:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2008, 12:45 
Grand Poobah

I own three crystal balls--- one glass, and hefty, one small and crystal (and with a flat bottom so it doesn't need a stand) and one made of smokey quartz with a single crack though it.

never saw anything through them at all... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2008, 17:22 
First Circle Initiate

I have the same problem, jess--I think crystal balls are pretty and like to have them around as decorative items, but I've never been much good at off-the-cuff scrying without any kind of starting point.

--Me

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2009, 19:04 
Banished to the Void

I like to think of it more as a meditative device. It's something tangible you can use to ground yourself to find inner peace. If I saw "stuff" in it, I'd be scared!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2009, 19:58 
First Circle Initiate

jess wrote:

Dammit.

All kidding aside, it sounds a lot like meditation.