The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 05:33

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please note: Discussion here should be relatively civil. Attack the post, not the poster. Thanks!

Post subject: leonardo's robot
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2010, 05:31 
Bunny

What piece of literature contained the first reference to a computerized "robot"? I don't mean something like leonardo's robot, where it was "programmable" but not computerized in any way, but I am interested to know what book, novel, short story, poem, limerick, or whatever contained the first references to a robot as we understand it today. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: leonardo's robot
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2010, 06:12 
Neighbor of the Beast

I am not sure you can separate the two. The first mention of the word itself was in a play from the 1920's, before the concept of "computer" (as we know it) even existed. The greek smith god Hephaestus made mechanical servants to assist him. That may be the oldest reference.

Perhaps if you refined your definition a touch?

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2016, 03:09 
Neophyte

What kind of robot is this is there any special allocation provided for this category Java training in chennai | Android training in chennai | Oracle dba Training in Chennai | Python Training in chennai

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2016, 04:30 
Bunny

This blog is impressive and informative.It clearly explains about the concept and its techniques.Thanks for sharing this information.Please update this type of information

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2016, 06:56 
Neophyte

Leonardo da 'Vinchi was asked to make a robotic lion.so much for the wonders of "modern" tecnology. It makes me wonder though how far we could have gone if it hadn't been for those pesky Dark ages. PHP Training in Chennai :D | Web Designing Training in Chennai :D | Web Designing Training in Chennai :D