The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 19:14

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please keep your question to the higher beings concise and polite in order to get your answers in the most efficient manner.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 02:32 
The Power to Scry

SHENZHEN, China, Jan. 2 (Xinhua) -- World number 3 Agnieszka Radwanska went through an unexpected tough battle in the first round at WTA Shenzhen Open as she survived 3 match points to edge home wild card Duan Yinging 6-2, 6-7(4), 7-4.

The Polish fared well at the beginning of the match before facing a solid come-back from Duan in the second set. The home player showed her great power and move to level the match with a 7-4 win in the tie-break.

Duan could have sealed the victory in the 10th game of decider, but all her 3 match points were saved by the defending champion. After breaking again in the 12th game, the top seed finally claimed her first vitory in the new season.

"The first match in any tournament is always difficult. I'm very happy to win today, because it is a really tough game. Duan played really well. Although her rank is not very high, her power and serve are pretty good," Radwanska told the press conference.

"I'm satified with my performance today because I have given out what I got in the winter training. I'm not as good as top players when facing key points. I was thinking too much when the match points came out," said the 103rd ranked home player.

No.2 seed, Simona Halep of Romania came back in the decider after a hiccup in the second set, outlasting former world number one, Serbia's Jelena Jankovic 6-1, 3-6, 6-3 to advance into the second round. It was also her seventh straight win over the 2008 US Open runner-up.

"I feel really good to win the game. It's a tough one and Jelena is a pretty good player, also former world number one. I know it won't be easy today. But I'm really happy to have this game at the beginning of the season, " said the 25-year-old.

Halep is going to play Katerina Siniakova of Czech Republic in the second round, who knocked out home star Peng Shuai in two straight sets 6-3, 7-5.

Beginning her first season as the top 10 player, 3rd-seeded Johanna Konta humiliated Turkish Cagla Buyukakcay 6-2, 6-0 within 56 minutes.

UNITED NATIONS nike air max 2017 heren sale , June 21 (Xinhua) -- UN Secretary-General AntonioGuterres has appointed Ambassador Vladimir Ivanovich Voronkov ofRussia to head the new UN Counter-Terrorism Office, a UN spokesmantold reporters here Wednesday.

The ambassador, currently permanent representative of Russia toInternational Organizations in Vienna, will have the rank of UNundersecretary-general when he takes over the post nike air max 2017 kpu kopen , created by aGeneral Assembly resolution June 15, the deputy UN spokesman,Farhan Haq, said at a daily news briefing here.

"The undersecretary-general will provide strategic leadership toUN counter-terrorism efforts nike air max 2017 flyknit dames , participate in the decision-makingprocess of the United Nations and ensure that the cross-cuttingorigins and impact of terrorism are reflected in the work of theUnited Nations," Haq said.

In a news conference here at UN Headquarters on Tuesday, the UNchief said the world organization has "a problem of coordination ofthe 38 entities that within the UN deal with counter-terrorism, soit makes full sense to have a dedicated office with a responsible(person)."

"Voronkov brings to the position more than 30 years ofexperience within the Foreign Service working primarily on UnitedNations (matters) as well as responsibilities ranging from publicdiplomacy and social and economic development issues tointergovernmental affairs nike air max 2017 flyknit kopen ," Haq said.

"Under his leadership, the permanent mission (Russian Mission inVienna) has launched several flagship projects with the UN Officeon Drugs and Crimes (UNODC) and developed successful collaborationswith the UNODC Antiterrorist Branch," he said.

"Voronkov also serves on the Board of Governors of theInternational Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), during which time he ledseveral delegations to the Commission on Narcotic Drugs and theCommission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice."

It was not immediately known when Voronkov nike air max 2017 rood dames , who holds a PhD fromMoscow State University, would take up his new position.

Haq said he has authored various scientific publications oninternational issues, and is married, with one daughter.Enditem

WASHINGTON nike air max 2017 rood , June 27 (Xinhua) -- Song Andong, a teenager born in Beijing, became the first Chinese-born player to be drafted into the National Hockey League.

The New York Islanders chose the defenceman in the sixth round, with the 172nd pick of the entry draft on Saturday in the annual draft which showcases the best college and junior players from leagues in North America and Europe.

The selection of Song nike air max 2017 wit dames , 18, drew much media attention from China and he admitted that being "the first" put pressure on him.

"I am really honored to be the first," he said. "Being the first Chinese player is a lot of pressure from people back home.

"Good pressure. It will motivate me to be a better player. Make them proud."

Song started to play ice hockey at the age of six when doctors suggest he'd better more inhale cool air for his fragile throat, so his mother decided to take him to play ice hockey.

At age 10 he moved with his family to the Toronto and at 15 he went to New Jersey to play high school hockey for Lawrenceville School.

Lawrenceville coach Etienne Bilodeau said Song stepped into a major role not long after he arrived at the school and was named captain this season.

"Given the composition of our team this year nike air max 2017 wit , in a lot of ways he can relate to how many minutes Duncan Keith logged during the (Stanley Cup) Playoff," Bilodeau said. "He was pretty much on a similar ratio minute-wise for our squad. He was our go-to guy at the blue line. His game is steady. He has good edge work, handles the puck well and really is very well-positioned all the time in the context of anticipating and knowing how to support the offense and knowing how to take care of his end and to be very reliable on both sides of the puc.